We thought this year we would do some fun blog posts about things we love in our personal life. Naturally, the first topic that came to our minds was our tiny Pomeranian with a fierce attitude, Grr. That’s right, his name is “Grr,” with 2 R’s, not 3.
While pulling photos for this post we realized that he has only been a part of our family for 4 short years – but we can’t imagine our lives without him. He has been our muse, our shoulder to cry on and the source of much of our joy over the years.
Some fun facts about Grr:
- He answers to “Grr,” “Grrber,” “Wolfboy,” “Wolfbeast.”
- If he likes you he will try to lick your ears.
- He is awesome at tricks. He can sit, stay, jump, spin-jump, high-five, dance, rollover, play dead by handgun and play dead by shotgun but trying to teach him to “speak” or not speak on command is impossible. He will talk to whoever he wants – when he wants.
- He HAAAAATES other tiny creatures…birds, bunnies, squirrels, cats….hates them,
- He LOVES big dogs. One of his first buddies was a St. Bernard named Harry.
- He loves to cuddle. Around bedtime he looks for the nearest “thigh-bed” he can find.
Man’s Best Friend
When we picked him up that first night he was a tiny little 3lb furball:
We brought him into our home in February so he did A LOT of yard exploring as the snow melted – and today he LOVES the snow.
The first game Jon taught him was fetch. His two favorite games today are frisbee and tug-of-war. Despite the MANY toys we have spoiled him with, his go-to favorite has always been his old tattered frisbee.
He has lots of energy and if we don’t take him for walks he DIGS. He digs holes everywhere. He once dug a 5-foot long hole in the back yard chasing a gopher that was digging under ground.
One year we went on vacation and when we got back a mouse had moved into our quaint south Minneapolis home. We decided to try a humane method of removal and so we set up a handful of sticky traps with peanut butter on them for the mouse. Within minutes, we had caught a Grr. We found him lying on our brand new white shag area rug rolling around with black goo all over the new rug – and his face:
Then there was the time he got into a disagreement with a burr bush in the back yard…
That time we had a garage sale and he tried to hide “Frampton Comes Alive II” so we couldn’t sell it…
Sometimes he just lends a helping hand in the studio so we can get the lighting just right for a client’s session.
But mostly he just keeps us company.
We would love to see any photos of your furry best friends! Please share!